Access the must current information on medical tax deduction considerations for Assisted Living. Jim Moore, a senior housing and health care industry leader, will present an on-site complementary talk, open to the public, at AgeSong, Bayside Park, 1440 40th Street, Emeryville, Thursday, March 1, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
Download Jim Moore Flyer.
Preview Jim’s Presentation
- You mention six main planning concerns when families are looking into assisted living options for a loved one or thinking about a future need for assisted living for themselves? What are these concerns? (Slide 3)
- You say, ” The full monthly service fee (shelter, services) may be a tax deductable medical expense above the exclusion of a 7.5% of a Seniors adjusted gross income.” For someone who has not thought about this yet, what is the 7.5%? (Slide 4)
- Who might be able to qualify to deduct more than the 7.5%? What is their minimum income? (Slide 4)
- What does the IRS say might be included in medical expenses? (Slide 5)
- What does IRS define as chronically ill to qualify for the tax deductions? (Slide 6)
- What is a typical assisted living service fee? What do the tax savings add up to depending on the cost of the monthly service fee? (Slide 7)
- What might one conclude about financial planning for assisted living? (Slide 8)
Jim has over 45 years of industry experience. His company, Moore Diversified Services, Inc, has served thousands of national and international clients. Jim’s company conducts market feasibility studies, detailed financial pro forma analysis, strategic planning, operations analysis and investment advisory services. Jim has conducted over 2,000 major Senior housing and health care consulting engagements in over 750 markets in 49 states. He has also conducted over 40 major international consulting engagements in Japan, Australia, China, Canada, Europe, Central America and Mexico.
For over 14 years he has authored the monthly column entitled, “Senior Housing” for Contemporary Long Term Care Magazine – a leading industry trade periodical. Jim also writes on a regular basis for three other leading Senior housing and health care publications, including the “Assisted Living Executive”, the “National Investment Center’s Key Financial Indicators” and “McKnights Assisted Living” periodical. Moore also writes a nationally syndicated Senior housing and health care column provided directly to Senior living communities and for inclusion in major state association newsletters and periodicals. Moore also publishes a monthly email newsletter that is distributed to industry CEO’s, CFO’s and COO’s.
As a recognized national expert, his courtroom testimony as an expert witness is frequently in demand across the U.S. He has provided expert witness support and testimony in over 60 cases at the local, state and national levels.
- Assisted Living 2000 – Practical Strategies for the Next Millennium
- Assisted Living Strategies for Changing Markets
- Independent Living, Congregate Care and CCRCs
RSVP: Judy Vared, 510.710.0934
AgeSong Senior at Bayside Park | 1440 40th Street, Emeryville, California 94608 | 510-594-8800 | License # 015601452
AgeSong Retirement Communities: Locations throughout the Bay Area, including San Francisco and the East Bay: San Francisco-Hayes Valley • San Francisco-Laguna Grove • Oakland-Lake Merritt • Oakland-Lakeside Park • Emeryville-Bayside Park • Castro Valley-OakCreek